Keys track record | The Jackal

23 Apr 2013

Keys track record

01 – I promise to always be honest.

02 – We’re not proposing to change the Employment Relations Act in a way that weakens unions.

03 – We are not going to sack public servants, the attrition rate will reduce costs.

04 – We are not going to cut working for families.

05 – I firmly believe in climate change and always have.

06 – We seek a 50% reduction in New Zealand’s carbon-equivalent net emissions, as compared to 1990 levels, by 2050. 50 by 50. We will write the target into law.

07 – National Ltd™ will provide a consistent incentive for both biofuel and biodiesel by exempting them from excise tax or road user charges.

08 – I didn’t know about The Bretheren election tactics.

09 – If they came to us now with that proposal [re trans-Tasman Therapeutic Goods regime], we will sign it.

10 – I can’t remember my position on the 1981 Springbok Tour.

11 – Tranzrail shares.

12 – I did not mislead the House (1).

13 – Lord Ashcroft.

14 – National Ltd™ would not have sent troops into Iraq.

15 – Standard & Poors credit downgrade.

16 – The double-down grade doesn’t really matter and its only about private sector debt.

17 – I did not mislead the House (2).

18 – I didn’t say I want wages to drop.

19 – The real rate of inflation is 3.3 percent.

20 – The tourism sector has not lost 7,000 jobs.

21 – No I have never heard of Whitechapel.

22 – I won’t raise GST.

23 – People who are on the average wage and have a child are $48 a week better off after the rise in GST.

24 – The purchase of farmland, by overseas buyers will be limited to ten farms per purchase.

25 – The Pike River Mine was consented to under a Labour Government.

26 – No promises were made to get the remains of the miners out of the Pike River mine.

27 – I did not provide a view on the safety of the Pike River coalmine.

28 – I did not mislead the House (3).

29 – Capping, not cutting the public service.

30 – Raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour will cost 6000 jobs.

31 – North of $50 a week.

32 – Privatisation won’t significantly help the economy.

33 – Wave goodbye to higher taxes , not your loved ones.


35 – Tariana Turia is “totally fine” with the Tuhoe Treaty Claim deal.

36 – Kiwisaver.

37 – National Ltd™ is not going to radically reorganise the structure of the public sector.

38 – Tax cuts won’t require additional borrowing.

39 – New Zealand does not have a debt problem.


41 – The wage gap between New Zealand and Australia has closed under my National Ltd™ government.

42 – It took 9 years for Labour to make a complete and utter mess of the economy.

43 – National Ltd™ has changed the Overseas Investment Act to include 19 different criteria.

44 – The price of goods and services has risen by 6 per cent since the last election, while the price has actually gone up by 16 per cent.

45 – No, although its a week ago and here I am being interviewed on television about them, I havn’t seen Gerry Brownlee’s comments regarding demolitions in Christchurch and which caused such outrage, but I can talk all about them.

46 – Our SAS soldiers were not involved in the Kabul Hotel gunfight.

47 – The use of the Vela brother’s helicopter was required so I could attend meetings relating to national/international security concerns.


49 – I did not mislead the House (4).

50 – Oh, maybe our SAS soldiers were in the Kabul hotel gun fight but they weren’t wounded by friendly fire.

51 – New Zealand has lost $12 billion from GDP due to the Christchurch earthquake . . . oh, it might actually be around $15 billion from GDP due to the Christchurch earthquake . . . Blinglish said what?

52 – 10,000 houses will have to be demolished in Christchurch due to the earthquake.

53 – 14,000 new apprentices will start training over the next five years, over and above the number previously forecast.

54 – Our amendments to the ETS ensure we will continue to do our fair share internationally.

55 – We are committed to honouring our Kyoto Protocol obligations.

56 – Any changes to the ETS will be fiscally neutral.

57 – We [NZ] have grown for eight of the last nine quarters”.

58 – National Ltd™ will tender out the government banking contract.

59 – We will be back in surplus by 2014-15.

60 – Nicky Hager’s book “Other People’s Wars” is a work of fiction.

61 – Unemployment is starting to fall.

62 – We have created 60,000 jobs.

63 – We have created 45,000 jobs.

64 – The 2011 Budget will create in the order of 170,000 jobs.

65 – I don’t know if I own a vineyard.

66 – No, I did not mislead the House (5).

67 – The Isreali spy killed in the Christchurch quake had “only one” passport.

68 – The Police will not need to make savings by losing jobs.

69 – GCSB re Kim Dotcom x 3 (that we know about).

70 – I did not mislead the House (6).

71 – I voted to keep the drinking age at 20.

72 – New Zealand is 100% Pure.

73 – I’ve been prime minister for four years, and it’s really 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

74 – Baseball in New Zealand is attracting more government support.

75 – The decision to buy brand new BMWs was made by the Department of Internal Affairs without reference either to their minister or to me.

76 – I didn’t have a clue that Ministerial Services, which I am in charge of, was going to buy brand new BMWs.

77 – Even though two of my ministers knew all about it, I didn’t have a clue that brand new BMWs were being bought.

78 – Even though my Chief of Staff met with officials to discuss purchase of the the brand new BMWs, I didn’t have a clue.

79 – Labour forced us into buying the brand new BMWs, its their fault.

80 – Ummm, look, sorry about that BMW thing , it was because I was so upset about the death of a New Zealand soldier and Julia Gillard was visit too.

81 – The public demanded that we change the labour laws for The Hobbit.

82 – “The Hobbit” created 3000 new jobs.

83 – We have delivered 800 extra doctors in the public service.

84 – I did not mislead the House (7).

85 – I wasn’t working at Elders when the sham foreign exchange deals took place.

86 – I was starting School Certificate exams in 1978.


88 – Reducing barriers to property developers will increase the availability of affordable housing.

89 – Labour left the economy in poor shape.

90 – Forecasts show unemployment will fall.

91 – We have closed the wage gap with Australia by $27.

92 – Ngati Porou and Whanau Apanui are not opposed to mining.

93 – I have not had any meetings with Media Works.

94 – Our [NZ's] terms of trade remain high.

95 – The TPP is an example of democracy.

96 – National Ltd™ will use the proceeds of state asset sales to invest in other public assets, like schools and hospitals.

97 – New Zealand troops will be out of Afghanistan by April 2013.

98 – Overseas investment in New Zealand adds to what New Zealanders can invest on their own.

99 – Overseas investment in New Zealand creates jobs, boosts incomes, and helps the economy grow.

100 – National Ltd™ will build 2000 houses over the next two years.

101 – There are only 4 New Zealand SAS soldiers in Bamiyan and all working in the area of logistics and planning only.

102 – Selling state assets will give cash equity to those companies.

103 – The Sky City deal doesn’t mean more pokies.

104 – There was nothing improper about the Sky City deal.

105 – My office has had no correspondence, no discussions, no involvement with the Sky City deal.

106 – SkyCity will only get "a few more" pokie machines at the margins.

107 – Any changes to gambling regulations will be subject to a full public submission process.

108 – Sky City has approached TVNZ about the purchase/use of government-owned land.

109 – The Auditor General has fully vindicated National over the Sky City deal.

110 – There’s a 50/50 chance the Hobbit is going off shore unless we do something.

111 – David Shearer has signed up for the purchase of shares in Mighty River.

112 – Solid Energy asked the government for a $1 billion capital investment.

113 – Fracking has been going safely on in Taranaki for the past 30 years without any issues.

114 – No front line positions will be lost at DoC.

115 – Iain Rennie came to me and recommended Fletcher for the GCSB job.

116 – I forgot that after I scrapped the shortlist for GCSB job I phoned a life-long friend to tell him to apply for the position.


118 – For 30 years, or three decades, I didn’t have any dinners or lunches or breakfasts with Ian Fletcher.

119 – I did not mislead the House (8).


121 – I paid for that lunch and I’ve got the credit card bill to prove it.

122 – I called directory service to get Ian Fletcher’s number.

123 – I did not mislead the house (9).

124 – I am honest and upfront.

125 – Cyber terrorists have attempted to gain access to information about weapons of mass destruction held on New Zealand computers.

126 – The illegal spying on Kim Dotcom was an isolated incident.

127 – New Zealand has an arrangement to have asylum seekers processed in Australiandetention camps.

128 – The law which says the GCSB cannot spy on New Zealanders is not clear.

129 – The only way net new jobs can be created is by private investors putting their money into businesses in New Zealand.

130 – An increase in the number of people looking for work indicates that confidence is returning to the economy.

131 – The 10 percent of taxpayers in New Zealand who are the top earners pay 76 percent of all net personal tax.

132 – I did not mislead the House (10).

133 – The substantial wage growth under Labour was eroded by inflation.

134 – National Ltd™’s 2010 tax changes were fiscally neutral.

135 – I did not mislead the House (11).


137 – Pike River Coal did not put profits and its production ahead of the safety and lives of those 29 workers.

138 – Radio Live had sought advice from the Electoral Commission about my show just before the election.

139 – It is because of National Ltd™’s policies that the price of fresh fruit and vegetables has dropped.

140 – The length-of-the-country cycleway will create 4000 jobs.

141 – Police training for next year has not been cancelled.

142 – National Ltd™ has only cut back-office jobs in the health service.

143 – The Crown’s dividend stream from the Meridians, the Mighty Rivers of the world is large and there is no motivation to sell assets.

H/T BLiP